Re: [orca-list] Which distribution is good for Orca development?

Hi, Satyam.  I would recommend either Sun OS, or Vinux, because I
think it's helpful to work on a system where other developers also are
hard at work.  Sun OS has Joanmarie and a couple of Sun employees
working on Orca, and we've got some newbie Orca hackers beginning to
understand some of the code who debug in Vinux.  Debugging directly in
SunOS will make it easier for your code changes to be integrated
directly into the Orca source tree.  Debugging in Vinux tends to feed
more quickly into Ubuntu, as Vinux is build on Ubuntu, and fixes are
most easily ported there.  But, it's probably most important that you
work in a system that's very familiar to you.

Bill