Re: [orca-list] full-screen magniffier?

To enable the magnifier, start orca, and then press Orca+g, where Orca
is either the insert key if you're using a desktop keyboard, or the
caps-lock key if your using the laptop layout.  The magnifier in Orca
is OK, but probably not as good as what you are used to in Windows.

However, if your machine has decent graphics capabilities, I strongly
recommend running Compiz.  In Ubuntu, you enable Compiz by
right-clicking on the desktop background and selecting "Change Desktop
Background".  Then, go to the "Visual Effects" tab, and select
"Normal" settings.  You many need to install
"compizconfig-settings-manager", so you can enable the enhanced zoom
desktop.  You can do this by opening a terminal and issuing the
command "sudo apt-get install compizconfig-settings-manager".  Then,
the compiz settings manager will be in the System/Preferences menu.
Run that and make sure the enhanced zoom desktop is enabled.  I also
highly recommend that the "Negative" plugin be enabled.  This let's
you reverse the colors of the active window, which can help some
people read text more easily.

The Compiz magnifier, in my opinion, is the best magnifier available
on any system.  I find the Windows magnifier quite limited in
comparison.  The default keybindings are pretty bad, though.  You'll
need to modify them to be reasonable.

Bill