Re: [orca-list] Orca bug when answering initial setup questions

it deffinately is the same problem in ubuntu lucid because even when you try and time the f5 and 3 to enable speech, you still have to run orca manually using alt f2 and you are asked the same questions about chosing speech synthesiser, the synthesiser voice, keyboard layout etc the same questions you might get in whatever distro you are using, ubuntu lucid then asks you to logout if you want changes to take effect and before you answer "yes" or "no" you hear the message "welcome to orca." you maybe get the message loading orca preferences when you hit enter then you lose speech and not even bringing up a text console such as control alt f2 and trying to do a hard reset with control alt delete won't even take you to the login screen, login and allow you to access the desktop.

----- Original Message -----
From: Michael Whapples <mwhapples aim com
To: orca-list gnome org
Date sent: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 09:13:21 +0100
Subject: Re: [orca-list] Orca bug when answering initial setup
questions

I don't use ubuntu so don't know if it exists there. I have
observed it
on ArchLinux and also the fedora 13alpha live media. The initial
set up
questions are those when you first run orca (orca asks things
like,
"enable echo by word", "enable key echo", "Choose keyboard
layout", etc
and at the end tells you to log out and back in). I think the f5
stuff
is ubuntu specific and is nothing related to this bug.

Michael Whapples