Re: [orca-list] Firefox patch, testing and further work

Hi,
Perhaps a dumb question, but is it possible to test in my 64-bit ubuntu lucid installation?
Thanks.

On 04/04/2010 07:38 AM, Bill Cox wrote:
I've uploaded a version of Firefox to the Vinux/Ubuntu Lucid PPA.
Anyone testing Vinux 3.0 Beta should run 'sudo apt-get update; sudo
apt-get upgrade'.  This should install the patched version of firefox
for testing with Orca.

Unfortunately, there are still some navigation issues with Orca.  I
find it works a bit better with "Grab focus on objects" disabled in
the Firefox settings.  If someone more familiar with Orca could look
into the problems on the Python end, I'll support them on the Firefox
C++ end.  One example of a navigation goober is using Control+Tab to
switch to another tab.  Orca remains on the previous tab, and
navigation keys just read old tab.  Users more familiar with Orca than
me could probably find more issues.

Thanks,
Bill