Re: [orca-list] Some of my thoughts about what has been difficult for getting into orca development and orca scripting

Hey Krishnakant.

Do I need to know a lot about atk and pyatspi for doing any kind of
scripting in Orca?

As long as you're working within Orca, you really don't need to know
much about atk; you do/will need to become familiar with pyatspi. But
there are tons and tons of examples already within Orca because Orca
gets all of its information about events and objects via pyatspi. So
were it me, I'd look at the existing code for ideas on how to
approach/implement (something small) within a script.

Then you might have a bite-sized question like "What exactly is an
event's detail1?" At that point, taking a look at the docs and/or asking
on the list would make excellent sense.

HTH. Take care.
--joanie