Re: [orca-list] a feature request for which I have a solution.

>If that's the case then I have 2 alternative approaches.
>1, I would write a latex book and export it to an html navigational
>manual with proper table or contents.  I can send this to any one who
>would be able to put it into the yelp docs.
>2, the other approach is that we maintain a seperate tarball of the
>manual along with orca so that people can download it even on a windows
>machine, read it before having a go at orca and linux.
>I am very comfortable with latex and find that it creats good accessible
>outout in html so I really don't think I will have time to read and
>learn any other format.  I ahve a lot of professional FOSS based work on
>my head any ways and I can't take another overhead to learn some new
>formatting tagset in my volantery time, which I want to give fully to
>documenting orca and may be also write some scripts in future.
>I am also busy with many government and non-government organisations for
>making polisies and govt aided projects for trainning blind people in
>computers using orca.  there is dirth of the kind of manuals which I a
>am proposing.  Thus writing those manuals as eraly as possible is
>necessary and I can't spend time learning some new tool to do this
>documentation.

I'm not entirely sure you would need to learn the docbook format.  I think tex4ht can convert latex source into a docbook xml file (http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~gurari/TeX4ht/mn-commands.html).  If I understand this correctly, you can still write your contributions in latex while the community can still organize everones contributions in one standard docbook format.

Maybe if you already had a chapter or section written in Latex, someone on this list knowledgable with docbook could double check the converted output for quality?

Just an idea:-)