[orca-list] A couple of questions about orca sources

Hi. I have downloaded the latest orca sources and followed the instructions for installing them (obtained from the gnome website). According to the results of the command orca --version (checking the git status also gives the same result) I am running version 2.27.92 pree
Is this the latest version as of Friday 9th October, retrieved by using the git clone command (without specifying a branch?
If it is then the orca directory is visible in my /home/jen directory, it was not visible before I installed these sources. Is orca running from these sources by default? The command string in gnome (/home/jen/orca) suggests that it is, and I can't remember if orca was located in the same directory (but just hidden) last time.
If the new sources are not being used by default could someone please tell me how to make them default, and if I should hide the orca directory or move it to a more appropriate place?

I also can't make Liblouis or brltty 4.0. I had some issues making the brltty at work so don't think it is just something related to my distro (9.04) Will liblouis be included in Orca installs by default?

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions
Jen!

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4498 (20091011) __________

http://www.eset.com