[orca-list] [gnome-speech] How to write driver for a new TTS engine?

HI,

I am planing to write a gnome-speech driver for my Chinese TTS - Ekho
(http://www.eguidedog.net/ekho.php), which is written in C++.

After reading the document in gnome-speech source package, I knew that
I need to know about Bonobo, which should be very complicated.

Then I got this from Bonobo's home page:
"Bonobo is a library whose use is officially discouraged for new applications"

I am losing my way...

Could anyone give me some recommendation? Thank you very much!!

Cameron