Re: [orca-list] braille support not disabled

Hi Willie.
On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 10:05:51AM -0500, Willie Walker wrote:
Hi Igor:

WARNING: braille bindings unavailable:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/gnome/lib/python2.6/site-packages/orca/default.py", line
2021, in
getBrailleBindings
    self.inputEventHandlers["panBrailleLeftHandler"]
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'brlapi'

This is just a warning.  It's not a fatal condition.  Sorry for the
confusion.  :-(

The underlying cause seems to have been some obscure permissions issue on my
end, or part of this rather strange bug I am experiencing with my sound drivers
at the moment. Regardless, it is working for the time being.

NEW SCRIPT: default (module=orca.default)
ACTIVE SCRIPT: default (module=orca.default) (reason=activate)
Script.getKnownApplications...
...Script.getKnownApplications
Shutting down and exiting due to signal = 2

Yeah, at first I thought that Orca was terminating by itself; however, I found
that the additional output was a result of my pressing CTRL+C in the console
where Orca was running as part of testing.

This seems to be the actual cause.  A signal of 2 is a SIGINT, or
interrupt.  I'm not quite sure why this might be happening.  Did you press
Ctrl+C to kill Orca?  Do you get any other messages from Orca?

Yes, my pressing CTRL+C turned out to be the cause of this additional output.
Thanks for the reply.

Will

believed to be clean.

--