[orca-list] New Linux User

Title: New Linux User

Hi,

I am new to this list and Linux in general.  Recently, I downloaded Vinux and tried running it.  I was able to get to the command line prompt but there was no graphical interface.  Is there a command that will get me there?

Since I am new to all of this, is there a FAQ available that can explain GMRL and GNOME and what it is all about?

My interests are to do basic word processing, internet surfing, audio recording/editing, and email.

If you have a recommendation on whether I should use Vinux or other versions of Linux, I'd be interested in hearing about them and where to obtain them.

Thanks for any help,

Keith