Re: [orca-list] how-to customize non-standard location for speech factory

I *think* you should be able to put things under your ~/.orca directory. Orca ends up adding your user preferences directory to the beginning of your path. The only issue is whether the speech stuff is imported before Orca prefixes the path or not. You'll need to experiment.

BTW, if you have general fixes for the emacspeak stuff for Orca, please send them on. I don't test it, so I never really know if it works or not.

Thanks!

Will

Peter Rayner wrote:
I'm using the emacspeak server as my SpeechFactory.  To get things
working I hacked the location in the relevant script
espeechfactory.py.  This is obviously dumb.  What's the correct way to
do this and where?
thanks in advance
Peter