Re: [orca-list] should braille always be active?

Hi Peter:

The message you are seeing is merely an informational warning that the brlapi module cannot be found. The absence of brlapi should not affect the way Orca operates (except for braille not being available, of course).

Will

Peter Rayner wrote:
I'm having some strange behaviour with orca going silent in things
like oowriter. Here is the first part of a voluminous debug.out:

Using speech server factory: orca.espeechfactory
Speech module has been initialized.
Magnification module has NOT been initialized.
SPEECH OUTPUT: 'Welcome to Orca.'
BRAILLE LINE:  'Welcome to Orca.'
     VISIBLE:  'Welcome to Orca.', cursor=0
WARNING: braille bindings unavailable:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/orca/default.py", line 2021, in getBrailleBindings
    self.inputEventHandlers["panBrailleLeftHandler"]
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'brlapi'

NEW SCRIPT: default (module=orca.default)

Now I think I have braille support "not checked" in the orca preferences
dialogue so should I be seeing this? thanks in advance
Peter