Re: [orca-list] Evolution with new refactor?

Hi Jacob,
I've noticed something interesting with the recent beginning of the
speech refactor. Orca is now acting slightly different in evolution when
in the message list and in other tables. The old behavior was to speak
the line going across, announcing each field in turn. Now, however, it
is speaking the column names in between rather than just reading across
the table. so, for instance, I'll here:
From column header, Willy Walker, Subject column header, Flag day for
orca
Before this, however, the column headers were not announced unless I
moved across the table with the left and right arrows to look at them.
Naturally, this only applies if you have table row speech set to speak
the row, if it's set to speak cell this won't be noticed.
This doesn't seem to happen in any other application so far except for
Evolution. Is this a new feature that hasn't made it anywhere else, or
is this an unintended little enhancement? :) I actually like this
behavior, and hope it can be configured globally eventually.

This was not an intended change to Orca.  Personally I would not find
this an improvement as it adds a lot of verbosity.  That said, as you
would find it useful it sounds like a reasonable enhancement request to
make this togglable.

Mike