Re: [orca-list] Orca keeps crashing in Nano

Hi Paul:

I've been running Orca 2.26.1 on Ubuntu 9.04 for about a fortnight now and I don't think it's crashed once.

That's nice to hear.  :-)

But today I've just been trying to read the gnomespeechfactory.py file in Nano to investigate the problem with smileys in Pidgin and Orca is constantly crashing on me. I mean like once a minute.

Yikes!  This is not good.

    return self.gnome_speaker.say(text)
COMM_FAILURE

This usually means the speech server has crashed.  That's not good.

Any idea what's going on here?  Should I send a debug.out?

A debug.out might help -- it might be a specific string that is being sent to eSpeak that is causing the speech server to crash.

Will