[orca-list] Orca keeps crashing in Nano

Hi,

I've been running Orca 2.26.1 on Ubuntu 9.04 for about a fortnight now and I don't think it's crashed once.

But today I've just been trying to read the gnomespeechfactory.py file in Nano to investigate the problem with smileys in Pidgin and Orca is constantly crashing on me. I mean like once a minute.

Running Orca from another terminal and directing error output to a file I get;

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.6/orca/gnomespeechfactory.py", line 941, in __speak
    return speaker.say(text)
File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.6/orca/gnomespeechfactory.py", line 151, in say
    return self.gnome_speaker.say(text)
COMM_FAILURE
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.6/orca/gnomespeechfactory.py", line 941, in __speak
    return speaker.say(text)
File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.6/orca/gnomespeechfactory.py", line 151, in say
    return self.gnome_speaker.say(text)
COMM_FAILURE

In the terminal I then get a message saying that something is wrong with speech and that Orca is aborting.

This is only happening when I try and read the gnomespeechfactory.py file in Nano. The very file which is seemingly crashing Orca.

Any idea what's going on here?  Should I send a debug.out?

Thanks.
Paul