Re: [orca-list] Does the "Orca Find" really work in the latest release of Orca?

Hi Paul:

What your experiencing seems odd. Can you please enable debugging for Orca (see http://live.gnome.org/Orca/Debugging) and then do the following:

1) start Orca
2) enter your keystroke for "find"
3) enter your keystroke for "advance live region politeness"
4) quit Orca and save debug.out

The less you do between steps 1 and 4 the better because it will keep the debug.out file smaller. In addition, please also run the following command:

xmodmap -pke > xmodmap.out 2>&1

Then, send me the debug.out and xmodmap.out files.

Thanks!

Will

Paul Hunt wrote:
Hi,

On my machine (a laptop running Jaunty) the find command is orca + 9. In the keybindings tab for firefox it says orca + left bracket but that doesn't work. Orca + 9 does.

At least one other key binding is wrong. The key for "advance live region politeness" or whatever it's called is supposed to be backslash, but on my machine it's dash.

Maybe it's a locale thing? I'm using the UK keyboard layout.

Paul