Re: [orca-list] Does the "Orca Find" really work in the latest release of Orca?

Hi Victor:

It works, but it looks like there's contention for handling the focus. The problem is that Orca's "Find" dialog takes focus away from Firefox. When you then do the find, focus goes back to Firefox, which looks like it issues a focus event. Orca then responds to the focus event. :-(

If you do the "find next" operation (CapsLock+]), it works because no intervening dialog appears.

However, I will repeat what another list member had to say - you're better off using the built-in functionality of applications that support find. They are going to give you better performance and will be better integrated with the application.

Will

Victor Tsaran wrote:
Hello all,
Am I misunderstanding the purpose of this command, orca+[, aka "Orca
Find"? When I try to use it on  web pages, I cannot get it to work,
not at all. This is Orca that came with Ubuntu 9.04.
any ideas?

Thanks,
Victor