Re: [orca-list] xfce and KDE and any other desktops?

ashley wrote:
Hi list,
I've got a few questions. Firstly, I've downloaded xubuntu, and I've installed it. How do I install orca onto the xfce desktop?

I'm not sure. :-( Have you tried asking on the XUbuntu mailing list? They would know best about how well accessibility has been integrated. If you find the answer, it would be great if you could update the Orca WIKI to help other people out.

Secondly, Does orca work with KDE?

There's an FAQ about this: http://live.gnome.org/Orca/FrequentlyAskedQuestions/UsingOrca

"No. KDE currently does not support the AT-SPI. There's some work being done to make the AT-SPI more amenable to the KDE folks. Orca currently requires the AT-SPI infrastructure, which is not supported by KDE at this point in time. Work is underway, however, and you should track the accessibility of KDE on the kde-accessibility mailing list: https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-accessibility";

Will