Re: [orca-list] Orca and Pulseaudio

Hi:

Unfortunately, this is not an Orca issue, but is instead an audio/speech integration issue on Ubuntu. The best place to discuss this would be the Ubuntu accessibility list, which has been set up to discuss accessibility topics for Ubuntu:

In addition, by doing a very quick investigation using Google, I came across the following message from Luke Yelavich. It seems to indicate that you need to install using the blindness profile:

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/jaunty-changes/2009-March/006990.html:

"Add a special case to prevent Pulseaudio from being started when the
blindness accessibility profile has been enabled from the Ubuntu live CD,
and for an accessibility install. Unfortunately Pulseaudio and speech do
not currently work very well with each other, and its too late in
the cycle to solve this problem any other way."

If that doesn't work, then I think the best thing to do would be to take this thread to the Ubuntu accessibility list.

Will