Re: [orca-list] Accessibility Of XMMS Wit Orca

Hi
Incorrect. Xmms is a GTK application, though it is based on the old GTK
1.2 framework and therefore it's not accessible. I'm a bit surprised
that it would still be mentioned, as it has long been superceded by
players such as Audacious which is mostly accessible. Xmms hasn't been
updated in years.
Note that Xmms2 is an entirely different project, and there is a GNOME
frontend to Xmms2 that is accessible. However, Xmms2 is in its very
early stages right now and I'd recommend using a player like Audacious
instead. You can also use Totem to fill the role of streaming music
player, or save the station's URL into rhythmbox. Using mplayer should
work also.
You have a lot of options for audio players. :)