Re: [orca-list] buffering

On 28.03.2009 at 05:16:13 Daniel Dalton <d dalton iinet net au> wrote:

Hi,

I'm sure this topic has been discussed before.

Sure; see the Orca list archive.

 I was in discussion with
a couple of people from another mailing list, had to use jaws for a day,
(and hated it), ...

Why?

 but we got onto the topic of virtual buffering. I don't
think it's the best idea myself, but I think it is good at times. So,
would a key to "buffer" the current page, help at all with:
- speed of navigating pages when blind?
- Responsiness
- Accessibility.

Of course, it is hardly necessary, but could be useful at times. I'm
just curious has it been considered? I'll paste some of the emails
below, to see what people think.

I didn't read all mails, but I think the first one is a good statement.
My impression in the discussions we had before was often that people
judge very much from their ideological commitments, rather than from their
experience (in fact there were not too much regarding Windows).
But to make a long story short: I doubt that we will ever have such a
feature like buffering, since the majority of the list member, and above
all the Orca team, rejects completely this idea.
But to utter another suspicion: Does AT-SPI provide this opportunity at
all? Perhaps MSAA is superior to AT-SPI? Just an idea.
But a lot of people would rather tear out their tongue than admit this :-(
Hermann