[orca-list] instability of orca!

Hello. Sorry I’m a bit of a noob to Linux and orca. I have Ubuntu 8.10 (the most up to date version) installed on my net book (acer aspire 1). The problem is that Orca keeps crashing. Sometimes it does this on start-up and a restart or orca fixes the problem. Other times I have to restart the system multiple times before Orca runs. Once it does run it tends to crash after about 15 or 20 minutes.

Any advice on how I can run Orca more efficiently would be grateful. (Note I have had sited friends look at the machine, and the operating system appears to run fine after Orca has crashed).

Thanks

Jen!

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 3970 (20090327) __________

http://www.eset.com