Re: [orca-list] losing speech

Yes, it's a bug with GKSU ( the program that prompts you for the password then runs the desired app as root).  You should run the applications using sudo from the terminal.

Paul

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, March 26, 2009 12:33 PM
Subject: [orca-list] losing speech

Is it normal to lose all speech when you perform admin tasks in unbuto using the system menu? I went to update, lost all speech, needed sighted assistance, I wanted to change the time, lost speech.  Basically  whenever it asks me to put in my password to perform admin taks I lost speech. Work arounds? Comments?

Jason