Re: [orca-list] Orca and WINE

Hello,
I am not quite sure about your comment about not using ubuntu and wine, there is nothing ubuntu specific about wine, I think most distros have packages for wine. Actually might now rereading what you said, did you mean you don't have access to linux?

Orca cannot read applications with a GUI in wine, but applications in wine which use a command line I believe can be used as the standard output is used (IE. if you initialise wine from gnome-terminal it appears back in gnome-terminal as if gnome-terminal was a dos terminal and so orca can read the output).

If your question relates to open-sapi, then it is useable as the part which needs to be run in wine is a server process so needs no user interaction except for the original command to start it. I haven't tried open-sapi with orca yet, but I don't see any reason it would cause a problem (except for it being in early stages of development and reliability may not be as good as it might be with native linux synths).

I hope that answers your question.

Michael Whapples