Re: [orca-list] Inconsistent behavior in flat review mode across applications

I presently would prefer the way it works in gnome-terminal or gedit
or even nautilus for that matter.  In fact, as I edit this message in
a terminal session editting with emacs, I very much like the current
behavior of moving the review cursor along as I type.

My experiences with Firefox seems that the flat review always comes up
on the File of the menu bar.  it does not track focus at all.  I don't
recall if it will catch up when I press the minus key or not.  What
would be a good compromise would be to have something like what
speakup has.  It has a key to "Park or Unpark" the cursor.  Speakup
uses the minus key to do this; when parked, the cursor stays where you
left it.  That would be like your filename analogy below.  When
unparked, then it behaves like the cursor does in gnome-terminal.

Hmm, I wonder if one could use Orca's bookmarks to hold a favored
position like that filename example.  Just hop back to the file name
with the bookmark key and of course, review by just reviewing while
type or hitting the minus key if it doesn't get there.  Well, I should
clarify a bit better; use the bookmark key to find the filename, check
spelling or whatever, then hit the minus key to get back to your
typing and compare what you typed or where you left off.  Make sense?