Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 16:08:25 -0400
From: Rich Caloggero <rjc MIT EDU>
To: orca-list gnome org
Subject: [orca-list] OT: cannot finish installing sun-java6-jre - license
    acceptance not possible with orca

I just installed openoffice.org and thought I'd update to the latest java
runtime. I tried installing the package sun-java6-jre, and the installation
seemed to begin ok.  Then, a license screen appeared in the terminal with
the last line "<ok>" (without the quot marks). I assumed I was supposed to
click on that ok to accept the license, however this is not possible either
using orca, or using the mouse.  When I then control-c'd out of the
installer, I ended up with a hung process and a corrupted dpkg database.

I was able to fix the database, (at least I can install/uninstall packages
again), but I still don't know how to install sun-java6-jre.

Either I'm attempting to install the wrong package (I just love these highly
intuitive package names), or something's broken, or I'm doing something
stupid, or all of the above.

Has anyone seen this before? Any suggestions on how to proceed?
-- Rich