Re: [orca-list] installing things in a virtual machine

hi. i haven't tried copy and pasting programs, you could give it a try and let us know how you get on. the virtual machine is just a file on the host machine. therefor, you wouldn't be able to use windows to copy things directly to the virtual machine. you could set up network shares if copy and paste doesn't work, or you may wish to use a pendrive and hand control over to the virtual machine.

renegade334.

Josh wrote:
hi,

Oklets say I downloaded something into a folder on my windows drive for linux, could I copy it from the windows drive into the virtual drive using windows copy and paste commands and then use the virtual machine to access it? isn't the vm drive just a folder or directory on the host OS's hard drive? Or do I have this wrong?

Josh