Re: [orca-list] OT Orca, Skype and accessibility workaround

You raise a couple of points I will comment on.

TeamSpeak, I don't know about TeamTalk which you mention, but TeamSpeak does have a Linux client, debian has the TeamSpeak client in its non-free repository. The debian package for teamspeak-client points users to the home page http://www.goteamspeak.com. The Linux TeamSpeak client doesn't seem accessible though so isn't an option for those who rely on orca for access to the computer.

Pidgin may not do voice calls normally, but from what I understand the skype4pidgin plugin does allow users to use pidgin to make calls via the skype client (IE. allowing users to make skype calls from within the pidgin interface). I haven't been able to get this working on my system though.

From what I know SIP is the best solution for accessible clients (probably due to SIP being an open standard and many clients having been written for it). As for the voice quality on SIP, this is something I haven't gone into too much but people seem to be saying with the right codecs it can be of a good quality.

Michael Whapples