Re: [orca-list] Fedora 10 and Orca

hello,
Regarding orca on fedora core 10,
I found it not so good.
This is not with reference to *orca* as such but with the *speech
synthesizer * and the output.

Try one funny thing.
after setting up orca on fedora core10 machine, open the menu by alt+f1
and scroll down rappidly with 3 or 4 key strokes of down arrow.
I found that there are 4 messages from the synthesiser, as if there are
4 people fighting to speak first!  I mean all the items get announced
together and cause a chaos.

And the overall output has been sluggish.

I know quite a few fokes from the fedora team because Redhat has their
office in my city.  Many people from their end are major contributers to
fedora.

I have recommended some changes to the core 11 release, we can hope that
there are certain improvements on that ground.

As a side note, I have requested those people to join the mailing list
so that willi and others can help them understand what needs to be done.

happy hacking.
Krishnakant.