[orca-list] Orca slow, Opensuse 11.1

Hi list,
after continuing problem with running Orca on Plinuxos Gnome 2009 TR6
I decided to switch to Opensuse. I downloaded and installed Opensuse
11.1.
All looked good but according to my sisters observations Orca seem to
be a little slow. I disabled (I hope) Beagle but with no effect. In
previous system she had set Orca to read separate letters, and Orca
was able to read them in real-time while writing in Leafpad, or
Writer. Here is it not possible. I tried it and the Leafpad (or Gedit)
window remain blank while writing and Orca is trying to read it and
apparently has problems, after Orca completes reading, the text is
shown in text editor window. I looks like the text is load in some
buffer. After disabling this feature, Orca reads OK but also is not so
quick - for example when browsing the files in nautilus or on desktop.
There is also some delay when switching the windows with Alt + TAB.

Does anybody have idea, where could be problem?

Thanks much

PS: the system is fully updated. I am using Orca with Gnome speech and
Espeak. Maybe I should try speech-dispatcher and Epos or Mbrola.

Computer: HP 550 laptop, Intel Celeron, 1GB ram, 160 GB HDD, Intel
Media Accelerator GMA X3100