To: <orca-list gnome org>
Sent: Friday, March 13, 2009 4:59 AM
Subject: Re: [orca-list] (aside from the debating) Orca,Skype and accessibility workaround

Terrence van Ettinger AKA Angus MacLaren <terrence terrencevak net> wrote:
Seriously, though--are there any accessible equivalents to Skype, that provide calling to landline
and/or mobile phones, that work with orca?

Any good SIP provider will give you access to the phone network at inexpensive call rates. My Internet Service Provider offers such a service, and there are
many other SIP providers around the world.

Skype is just one company, whereas SIP is an Internet standard that gives you the choice of many providers, as well as interoperability with the free and
open-source Linux software that all of us on this list like to use.