Re: [orca-list] OT Orca, Skype and accessibility workaround

As the Orca project lead and the moderator of this list: take these kinds of discussions elsewhere. This list is for discussing Orca and for communicating with Orca developers and users. The Orca developers do not develop or maintain Skype. The Skype developers do not monitor this list. If you want to communicate, do so effectively: contact the people who can make changes. If you have suggestions for Skype, then go to the Skype lists with your constructive comments.

I don't care if you can somehow twist it to find some way to relate it to Orca. I can do that with anything: "I stubbed my toe the other day. I am a mammal. Orca's are mammals. Orca is the name of the screen reader. Therefore, the subject of my stubbed toe is relevant on the Orca list. Let's wax poetic about the appalling overuse of antibiotics and develop a plan prevent this health disaster." Completely pointless.

BTW, the impact that all this off topic posting has on you is this: my inbox gets flooded. To manage it, I will delete e-mail with irrelevent subjects without even reading them. This means that I might end up accidentally deleting or postponing reading e-mail from people who have real concerns or comments actually related to Orca. As a result, your off topic posts detract from the positive support and feedback this list has had to date. You are hurting Orca, not helping it.

So, think before you write. If you think you need to type "OT" or mention "this might be off topic, but..." in your message, then you're better off spending your time (and saving my time) by finding the appropriate place where you will be on topic. Your voice will be more effective and things will operate more efficiently.

Will