Re: [orca-list] Orca's find command

On 09.03.2009 at 16:52:03 "al Sten-Clanton" <Albert E Sten_Clanton verizon net> wrote:

Hello!

I've tried using Orca's find command while on a Web site, my online books
site, for example.  I press the numpad period and get the find dialogue box.
I type in the word or phrase to find; I know it's on the page in question.
Whether I then hit enter or tab to and use the find button, I stay where I
started.

You in fact search the actual screen, not the whole website.

(If I've named the wrong key here because of my coffee strainer
memory, I know nonetheless that I've used the correct one, having landed in
the dialogue box.)

Am I missing a step?  Is there a Firefox or other command I should use
instead?

Try control+f. This invokes Orca's search dialogue for Firefox, and
different to the screen search, it searches the whole site.
Hermann