[orca-list] Orca's find command

Hello!

I've tried using Orca's find command while on a Web site, my online books site, for example.  I press the numpad period and get the find dialogue box.  I type in the word or phrase to find; I know it's on the page in question.  Whether I then hit enter or tab to and use the find button, I stay where I started.  (If I've named the wrong key here because of my coffee strainer memory, I know nonetheless that I've used the correct one, having landed in the dialogue box.)

Am I missing a step?  Is there a Firefox or other command I should use instead?

Thanks!

Al