Re: [orca-list] Automatic reading of live regions

Hi Will and all

I am using Orca rev. 4626

With Firefox 3.07 on Ubuntu Intrepid
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; es-ES; rv:1.9.0.7) Gecko/2009030422
Ubuntu/8.10 (intrepid) Firefox/3.0.7

With above doesn't work. The chat area is not read.

With Minefield Firefox 3.2a1pre

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.2a1pre) Gecko/20090307
Minefield/3.2a1pre

With this version and same Orca version rev 4626 works OK.

Regards

Javier

El dom, 08-03-2009 a las 17:28 -0400, Willie Walker escribiÃ:
Hi Javier:

If you use the same version of Orca and one version of Firefox works but
the other version of Firefox doesn't work, my first suspicion would be a
Firefox regression.

Can you tell me more specifically about the exact versions of Firefox
you are using?  "firefox --version" should hopefully give you the
information.  If you want more precise detail, you can use the
Help->About dialog.  Depending upon which [broken] version of Firefox
you are using, you might need to do one or both of two things: 1) run
firefox using "GTK_MODULES= firefox" to clear GTK_MODULES, and 2)
Alt+Tab away from the About dialog and back to it in order for it to be
navigable and understood by Orca.

Will

Recently I have been testing with the Reefchat accessible ARIA web chat
at http://reefchat.overscore.com/reefchatdemo
with the latest ff3 3.06 coming with Ubuntu, and the latest nightly
build of Minefield.

Using Orca latest trunk, with FF 3 updates to the chat area cannot be
read automatically. But If I use Minefield it works nicely.