Re: [orca-list] No typing control in Ff's adress bar

Hi, Will,

My system:
1.44 GHz processor with 512 Mb RAM
ubuntu Intrepid, from the box with all updates and upgrades (still using pulse audio)
Firefox (Minefield):version 3.2a1 pre
Orca: svn trunk, rev 4621

When I initially open a window/tab, orca doesn't read the words as i type in the location edit box. Let me rephrase that... I very occasionally get a word spoken if I type very slowly and pause after hitting a punctuation key ('.', '/', etc.), but most words are not spoken even under these conditions. I always have the ability to move by character using the cursor keys with Orca reading the characters. I can also always get the contents of the location edit box using Orca_modifier-Keypad_Enter.

I have a feeling that this may be related in some way to the autocompletion list. Once or twice, as I was typing very slowly, I got a fragment of a URL from the autocompletion list. Additionally, once I pressed the down arrow to enter the autocompletion list, pressed the Escape key to return to the edit box, then continued typing the URL, Orca read every word without delay.

I don't have time to try to trace this any further at the moment, but I can generate a debug.out if that would help.

dave