Re: [orca-list] Off topic discussions

Hi,
I agree that it is hard not to compare between Orca and other
software. For example:

My sister often uses ZoomText (at school), so she was little bit
disapointed with Orca (tried more versions) magnifying tool:
1) there is a problem with duplication of the cursor - when using the
big one, the original one remains, and there is also some shift - it
is difficult to hit the icon/button
2) the magnification is according to her coarse - the text or the
edges are blurred - similar to other tools (from Windows I can mention
SFZoomer or DesktopZoom). All these tools are working like putting
classic magnifying glass on the screen (or zooming raster image) while
ZoomText looks similar like zooming vector image (of course, not so
nice). She also said that moving on the zoomed desktop is choppy
(maybe some delay?) which also confuses her.
So now, she uses Orca only for the voice output.

I do not know if the magnify tool is not so important for Orca
development (or is it separate project?), but improving in this way
would be nice.

Helios

PS: maybe that some of these problems are related only to my system/HW

HP 550 Notebook, Intel Celeron, 1GB ram, 160GB HDD, Intel GMA X3100
graphics, Pclinuxos Gnome 2009 TR6

Message: 4