From: orca-list-bounces gnome org [mailto:orca-list-bounces gnome org] On
Behalf Of Ollie
Sent: Sunday, June 28, 2009 12:15 PM
To: orca-list gnome org
Subject: [orca-list] Problems with Audio in Ubuntu 9.04

Hello list,
Some time ago I had upgraded from Ubuntu 8.10 to 9.04. Installation
seemed to have gone through all right, but when I started the system
after shutting down for the night, there was no more audio at all.
I thought it must have been an issue deriving from upgrading rather
than installing from scratch.
Yesterday I installed Ubuntu 9.04 again, from scratch this time, and
speech worked eprfectly well - but braille didn't work at all.
Once we solved the braille problem, audio disappeared again. My
husband and I managed to get it back simply by increasing the volume,
but after that Orca started speaking funny, pronouncing only part of the
words.

Has anyone else experienced this sort of issue, and have you found
any workaround?

I am all but an expert, as I've tried many times to work with Ubuntu,
with very limited success for various reasons. I'm pretty
discouraged, but I don't want to give up yet.

Thanks in advance for your patience and help.
Ciao,
Ollie