[orca-list] orca/linux new user questions

Hello,

Yes, it is a reasonable expectation to replace Windows with Linux.
Vinux

http://vinux.org.uk/

is a distribution which  aims to have several features for the
visually impaired working out of the box, including orca.

Hope this helps, and good luck.

Rob

w9fyi cox net writes:

Hello,
I am just beginning my travel down the road of Orca/linux use, and hoping to find some sense of dirrection
as to where to start.  Ideally i would like to replace my use of windows with Linux.  The bottom line is
I'm tired of being chained at the wallet to the screen-reader manufacturers and I'd like to be able to
brake the chains that bind me to microsoft.  Is this a realistic expectation?  If yes, then what flavor of
Linux/Linux is most compatible with  Orca, out of the box?  Again I do apologize in advance if this has
been covered.  Thanks in advance for any help
---- Msg sent via Cox.net- http://cox.net