[orca-list] More issues..

Hi List:

Can't figure this one out either.  LOL
My Ubuntu 9.04 machine won't allow me to log in as the root account. I have opened a terminal and typed the following:
sudo passwd root
set a new password, logged out and attempted to log in again.
typed:
root
password as what I set.
Nothing. I can however log in as my main admin account, the one created at the initial installation.
I also read that I had to edit the gdm.conf file.
Well I followed the instructions and guess what folks?
No /etc/x11/gdm/gdm.conf. LOL
I'm probably going to remove this stuff again and just leave it be.

Mike
Frustrated