[orca-list] about linux instalers

Hi all:

I Heard here that many people have serious handicaps with linux instalers. I see two types of instalers.

Ones that runs on a minimal rootfs that only have the necesary tools to boot and to install. In this kind of installers is dificult to provide accesibility because they dont have sound support at first time and a low video support. My propposal for this instalers is to contact with the maintainers of the instalers and ask them abaut the requeriments they need for including a minimal support of sound and braille.

The second types are the instalers of the live distributions, we can test what of that distros dont have orca installed by default and ask them to include it on the liveCD/DVD.

And the  3th is the instalers in liveCD wich run in kde.

I know some famous instalers like Anaconda Installer, Novel Yast or the Debian installer I could contact with the maintainers if the orca comunity agree or if you hava an idea to expose our problem.

by

Daniel Rivero Capellan