Re: [orca-list] orca and opensolaris under virtualbox

Hi Josh,

Running ubuntu 9.04, with alsa output as host.
Virtualbox 3.0

the opensolaris vm is using alsa output, and the AC97 controler.
I have nic1 bridged (nat works well too) and it is using 825405M

Exactly as you said, we dont hear the beeps, and it gets stuck soon after.

The solution is to use the visa graphics option (second in the menu if i
remember correctly) with some sighted assistance to install open solaris.
The default screenresolution might be too high, so let the sighted person just
right click on the desktop  and change the res to something more suitable.
Once the install is finished, and the vm is rebooted, you will be at the
login screen.
log in and set up orca as usual.

Hope I havent missed anything,

Let us know how you get on.