[orca-list] using orca in fedora 11?

HI all,
Has anybody had experience with using orca in fedora 11? I've gotten fedora installed, and have orca running with the gnome speech drivers, and espeak, but I notice that sometimes Fedora can be a little sluggish as say compared to vinux. Anyway to improve Fedora/orca's responsiveness? Also forgive me this is a bit off topic, but I can not find any instructions for instaling speakup in to the Kernel. The speakup website clearly tells you how to get speakup from source, but has nothing with regards to installing it from srouce.
Thanks
Justin