[orca-list] is orca 2.27 usable on ubuntu 9.04 and fedora core 11?

hello all,
I have a small suggestion.

For end-users who don't really follow up with gnome versions and related
information, we can have a file in the orca source by the name of
SupportedDistros and may be have a the names of the distros and more
importantly their version which will work with the orca version in
question.

For example I am wondering whether orca 2.27 will at all work with
ubuntu 9.04 and fedora 11?

I know some people might just say "try and see for yourself ".  But
while that is easy to say, we must understand that totally blind people
highly depend on voice so if such an attempt is a wrong one and results
in a total loss of speech or system crash then it is a gamble.

So if things are clear in advance then it is really great.

I know that orca 2.26 works will with ubuntu 9.04 because the gnome
version goes with it.
But how many typical non-technical end-users would even know the perfect
gnome version?
happy hacking.
Krishnakant.