Re: [orca-list] Orca and Acrobat Reader not cooperating

On 01/29/2009 12:11 PM, Jacob Schmude wrote:
Hi
I've had this happen on occasion as well, but this is the first time I've ever been able to reproduce it reliably. I'm not sure what to file a bug against, orca? at-spi? Or is this particular issue a bug in acrobat reader that is triggering something else?

Hmm, hard to say, and it's something I wonder about whenever I encounter some odd behavior as well. If the system isn't locking up, though, then I'd guess the bug is in one of the accessibility components. As for which one is at fault...maybe I'll get shot for this, but it makes sense to me to file the bug with Orca, and if the issue is at-spi or something then the bug's component can be changed later. Orca is the main user-visible entry point into the system, and while it may not be where the issue ultimately is, it's probably better to document that there is a problem than not to out of confusion. :)

Also, how high should I set orca's debug level to get the information nneeded? Setting it to all, while it captures everything, yields a debug log of 248k just from starting orca to starting acrobat reader and exiting it. I'd think that might be a bit too much information :).

True, but it's probably not too difficult to scan too much information for relevant info than it is to not have enough info and have to request more.