Re: [orca-list] What accessibility features come with Xubuntu?

Hi Charlie,
It is few years as I tried to get some accessibility to work with Sam
Linux 2007 (which is in fact Pclinuxos 2007 with Xfce instead KDE). I
read many discussions, mostly containing complaints, that Orca does
not run in XFCE environment (it is a pity because in my opinion, Xfce
has more easy and transparent settings than GNOME). I tried to install
AT-SPI and needed libraries and Orca and for one moment it spoke from
the console. But after reboot, the WM always freezed and I was forced
to install Gnome. Now the Orca works. I also tried to use Thunar
instead of Nautilus, but it seems to be not accessible.

The only possibilities for Xfce were to use big cursor (search for
"Comix Vast") and also a zoom tool made by my brother from Supertux
game (he deleted all except the main binary and found out that running
it switches the screen to smaller resolution and much bigger size, but
do not know, if this works on all kernels).

Helios