[orca-list] New to Linux and Orca, need somewhere to get my feet under me.

Good morning.  My name is Christopher Bartlett, and I am new (two days) to using Linux and Orca.  I downloaded and installed the Vibuntu distribution.  I am a long-time Windows user, and am finding my way around a bit.  I would like to find somewhere where I can read or listen to information to get me oriented and learn how to use Linux and Orca.  I’ve figured out a lot, but there are still some basic concepts I’d like to bone up on.

Also, I’ve been attempting to install better voices for Orca.  I’ve succeeded in installing the Mbrola voices, but I wanted to install the CMU voices.  I have now followed two separate how-to articles, neither of which has resulted in a successful install.  Has anyone compiled these voices into a package or packages that I can use aptitude to install?

Please be gentle, I will RTFM when I can find good fm’s to read, so if you have good resources to suggest, I am very open to those suggestions.  Thank you for your attention.

                Christopher Bartlett