Re: [orca-list] LXDE with Orca

On 02/28/2009 11:08 AM, Willie Walker wrote:
Hi Nolan:

If you could log a bug with the LXDE folks (http://www.lxde.org/) and provide a link to it here, that would be great. They are the ones that really need to be aware of what they are breaking (or purposely not supporting).

Ohh, I know. I'm not at all claiming this is an Orca issue.

My point of confusion is that I'm not sure how the AT infrastructure is supposed to be started. Used to be via the GTK_MODULES environment variable. Then it apparently changed, but I'm not immediately clear to what. It very well could be that it works fine and is just an Ubuntu packaging issue. But someone on this list and in the LXDE forums claimed to have gotten it working with the exception of not knowing the keyboard shortcuts, so I'm hoping they'll chime in. :)

And if it turns out to be an LXDE bug then I'll gladly file it with them, or with Ubuntu if it's just a matter of tweaking the startup mechanism.