Re: [orca-list] OT: Can no longer start Gnome by the command "startx"

On 21.02.2009 at 14:28:37 Hermann <meinelisten onlinehome de> wrote:

Hi,
this morning I had to observe that I cannot start my Gnome session by
typing:
startx
No login screen seems to be their, e. g. I can type what I want, no
response.
I did a safe-upgrade yesterday and today, but no error messages or
warnings were shown.

This "safe-upgrade" stuff caused the problems. After restoring an image
everything's OK again.
Is there a way to additionally check the integrity of packages manually?
Aptitude does this, but not safe enough, as it seems.
Hermann