Re: [orca-list] getting frustrated but won't give up

Hi Josh. make sure you are using the latest version of Vinux this is version 1.2. go in to the administration menu and hit install. type in orca as your password and press enter. you will have to wait for a minute while the installer loads. orca may not say anything in this time. alt tab and see which windows you have open. you should have an installer window open by this point. if this doesn't work, when you have booted from the Live CD, hit control alt t to bring up a terminal.then type sudo ubiquity. if you don't know how to write that, scrole back and read it letter by letter. include all spaces. so that's "sudo ubiquity" with out the quotes obviously and press enter. then type orca and press enter and wait. orca won't say anything immediately, but if you alt tab, you should find an installer window will have opened. follow the instructions from there. i've not had any problems and i've installed 1.1 and 1.2 on various machines. its not an accessibility issue.

Mo.

josh wrote:
hi,

Ok I'm getting frustrated. I went into the applications menu and went to administration and went to that installer and hit enter on it, it asked for the password, I typed orca in all lower case for vinux hit enter and, nothing! How do I get this vinux distribution installed? what password do I use? do I have to go to a terminal to do it and use
su
enter
ubiquity

or sudo ibiquity ?

or su ubiquity ?

If I can't get this installed soon I'm gunna burn a copy of adriane knoppix and try that. also, how do I get my hardware specs such as ram from vinux?

Josh